ARISE FOUNDATION, INC.
ARISE FOUNDATION is the Socio-Economic arm of the ARISE CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC. The foundation was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commision last September, 1999. Since then it is operational
MEANING OF THE WORD ARISE
- A -ASSISTANCE FOR THE
- R -RENEWAL OF PEOPLE’S
- I -INITIATIVES TOWARDS
- S -SELF-SUFFICIENCY THRU
- E -ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTIVITIES FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- A society whose contituents enjoy the fulness of life; catering to its needs - physically, financially, socially and morally.
- To assist the poor and needy in identifying their physical and financial needs and extend medical and health care programs; promote socio-economic activities that will make them self-sufficient.
- To identify deserving but poor students and provide educational opportunities for them.
- To provide social and moral upliftment through seminars, workshops and dialogues with interested groups.
ARISE FOUNDATION THEREFORE HAS THE FOUR-FOLD
APPROACH TO DEVELOPMENT
- Preventive medicine, responsible parenthood, free medical and dental clinic, Medical assistance to indigent patients, training of first aid workers, health Education.
- Demonstration farms, livelihood programs, skills trainings, marketing Cooperatives development.
- Scholarships, adopt-a-child program for education, school now pay later rogram., tutorial classes, pre-school.
SOCIAL AND MORAL UPLIFTMENT
- Offer values development seminars to schools, government and non-government institutions.
WHAT HAS THE FOUNDATION DONE SO FAR
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE FOUNDATIONS’ ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Sponsored free dental clinics in various depressed areas in Cagayan de Oro City; in the provinces of Agusan, Cotabato, Lanao del Norte, and among the tribal groups - the Higaonon tribes of Las Nieves, Agusan Norte.
- Provided finances for hairlip operations, goiter, hernia, and minor surgeries of needy patients from Cotabato, Bukidnon, Agusan, Iligan, who were brought to Cagayan de Oro and Davao City for operation. - extended medicines to needy muslims in Cotabato.
- Launched the adopt-a-higaonon project where families adopt a Higaonon into their homes and provide shelter and food, while other donors provide finances for school needs of the student.
- At present, around 6 Higaonons are being sent to school through this program. Poor but deserving students join a family and become student assistants, working during the day and going to school in the evening. Some students finished schooling as student assistants in private homes.
- MSU Christian faculty members who belong to the foundation annually offer tutorial classes to incoming freshmen students to prepare them for college entrance examinations and scholarships. Classes are for free. Many students were helped by these tutorial classes.
- A pre-school was opened two years ago in Aclan, Carmen, Agusan Norte. At present they have pre school students.
- Extended financial loans to farmers in Bukidnon and Cotabato for their farm inputs
- Extended financial help to Cotabato farmers to redeem their mortgaged lands.
- Helped set up a model farm in Barangay Culit, Nasipit, Agusan, where a Higaonon was taught how to till the land and have productive farm.
- Purchased a house and a lot at Las Nieves, Agusan, where the Higaonon lives. This will be turned into another model farm for the neighboring Higaonon to learn improved farming.
- A member echoes his knowledge of organic farming to different farmers in Mindanao.
- Members of the foundation have been invited by different government, private, religious and educational institutions to lecture on topics related to moral recovery.